WHEN: Thursday, April 7, 2016 @ 7 p.m.
WHERE: 9 Rossland Ave.
(Previously St. Richard’s Church Hall)
On the Agenda:
- President’s Report
- Election of 2016/2017 Executives
- Park updates (Doug Frobel , Crestview & City View)
- Coach Houses
- Real Estate in City View
- Traffic / Parking
- Upcoming Community Events
- Neighbourhood Watch Program
- Question period
Guest speakers include Councillor Rick Chiarelli, Emily Davies (Ottawa City Planner on Coach Houses) and Tammy Laverty (Royal Lepage Team Realty)
PUBLIC MEETING ALL WELCOME
Welcome to City View Community
City View Community has a long history in Nepean and now Ottawa, established in the 1950’s.
City View is Located between Baseline Road, Merivale Road, Woodroffe Avenue and Meadowlands Drive. Ryan Farm residents are welcome.
St. Claire Gardens is part of City View. We currently have over 1000 homes in our neighbourhood.
Our volunteer run Community Association is busy bringing our interests and concerns to the City of Ottawa. We make sure we stay informed and current on city issues. We continue to organize events throughout the year to bring our community members together, to meet each other and create a strong sense of community. Some of the initiatives we are proposing and working on:
Establishing a Neighbourhood Watch Program
Neighbourhood Watch is a crime-prevention program that gets citizen’s involved in discouraging and preventing crime by watching out for their neighbours and their neighbour’s property.
With this program you learn:
– how to make your home less a target for thieves
– how to mark your valuables for easy recovery in case of theft
– how to be alert to suspicious activity in our community
– how to respond appropriately to potential threats
Community Association Membership Drive
Why become a member of City View Community Association?
– we have direct lines of communication within the city departments and representatives
– notices and announcements regarding our neighbourhood are forwarded through e-mail.
– your fee of $10 per year or $25 for 3 years helps pay for the various community events and programs.
– building a strong, vibrant community makes it more difficult for criminal elements to take advantage and become invested in our neighbourhood.
JOIN US, help protect your home, your investment!
Join our Annual Fun Day Sunday, May 29 & our new
Community Garage Sale, Saturday, May 28, 2016.
Volunteers are always welcome! We have several events planned and are always looking for any type of contribution. Volunteers will be greatly needed for canvassing door to door in our attempt to reach every household. Even if you can only give one hour or one city block, all volunteers are appreciated.