Neighbourhood Watch & Our AGM Minutes

We enjoyed a lively A.G.M. on  Thursday evening, April 7, 2016.
In addition to the president’s report of the year’s accomplishments we heard updates on many topics of general interest. Progress on parks and skating rinks and the urban forest were discussed as well as the need for greater enforcement of the bylaw concerning the removal of trees. The question was asked: why have bylaws if you are not able or do not intend to enforce them?
Neighbourhood Watch
Neighbourhood Watch is coming to a block near you, with your participation. Attached please click on these links to a Neighbourhood Watch MEMBERSHIP FORM and an information sheet as to what N.W. is and how it works.
We need to be proactive in order to avoid some of the nasty surprises some Ottawa neighbourhoods have experienced lately. This costs you nothing except a registration form and a watchful eye. We need a minimum of 50% participation in order to be a registered NW community with signs to deter criminal activity. Please consider joining us.
Guest Speakers:
Tammy Laverty reported on City View real estate boundaries and past and present selling trends was of special interest. She also shared a useful sticker of “Important Numbers” and her contact office is (613)725-1171.
Emily Davies, city planner on Coach Houses, provided another highlight. Many had not heard of the city’s plans to implement this new feature to Ottawa residential real estate. The purpose is to allow a smaller self standing residential unit on current single home properties. The reason for this city initiative is presumably to address the issue of providing more affordable housing. Emily’s contact email if you have further questions is
Click on this link for Ms. Davies’  Coach House Proposal and how it would apply to City View if passed. This page was given out at the meeting.
As we are so close to Algonquin College many raised concerns that Coach Houses might affect the noise and quality of our residential neighbourhood if they become student rental units.
Most interesting of all were a few points she made about the unique features of City View. Did you know that any structure MAY ONLY COVER 45% of the lot surface? The remaining 55% of the lot MUST remain as green space! Apparently the reason for this UNIQUE feature of City View is to prevent flooding of neighbouring properties as we do not have storm sewers.
Several people commented that they were experiencing higher water levels on their property as they were adjacent to newer homes which apparently exceed this bylaw. C.V.C.A. asked for people with concerns on this or any issue to contact the city and our community association by email. Cityviewassociation@gmail is our contact email. To represent you better we need to know what your issues are.
Please consider a membership; you support our efforts so we can support yours! Memberships are only $10 a year or $25 for 3 years. Your membership gives us more credibility with the city and creates a more desirable neighbourhood in which to live.
Click here for your CITY VIEW Membership Form.
You can drop the form & money at the Nepean Museum, 16 Rowley Avenue, or at 100 Rita Avenue, in the mail slot.

Other recent Posts

All Posts


Just one last step

Click the ‘Subscribe‘ button below to complete your payment.   The annual membership is only $10 and will continue until canceled. 

[wp_paypal button="subscribe" name="OurCityView Annual Membership" a3="10.00" p3="1" t3="Y" src="1"]