To everyone who is going to be part of the 2020 City View Halloween .
Here are the details:
If you haven’t registered already please do so A.S.A.P to help with our planning.
Part 1 – PUMPKIN CARVING
- Halloween would not be Halloween without carving a pumpkin. We are asking that you carve a pumpkin and bring it down to 16 Withrow (St Helens Place – to the side of the house – up by the ramp) between 10-12 on Saturday morning, Oct 31, 2020, to show us your amazing creations and to help us decorate for the event!
- When parents drop off the pumpkin we will give you your clues for the scavenger hunt. After the end of the scavenger hunt, you can pick up your pumpkin. You may want to light it up during Halloween evening. .
- Each pumpkin will get a ballot for the prize draws.
Part 2 – COSTUME ZOOM PARTY
- At 2 pm you will go to the zoom link that we will send you next week.
- Each family will have the opportunity to show off their costumes. Try and make it special for your family and all those watching. You can put a fun Halloween background on zoom if you would like! Have fun with this!
- Each costume will get a ballot for the prize draw.
Part 3: SCAVENGER HUNT
- If you choose to participate in this event, it is an opportunity to get the children out for some fresh air! Please let us know so we can get your clue package together.
- You must follow the instructions/clues that you received when you dropped off your pumpkin. No peeking until we start the hunt!
- While the kids are outside we will be following the guidelines of the red pumpkin project AND EXPECT PARENTS TO HELP WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING. We will have someone at each checkpoint to help ensure distancing is practiced.
- After all the clues are collected, you will end up back at 16 Withrow. Here, the kids will each get a bag of treats and can pick up their pumpkins. Any prizes from the draw will be handed out at this time. The draw will be done while the scavenger hunt is in progress. These prizes are courtesy of our Councillors office.
Please drop off donations for the treat bags to the decorated Halloween box on the porch at 16 Withrow, anytime before friday. That will give us time to make up bags. If anyone is interested in helping in any way, please let us know. We are looking for three people to dress up and help at a checkpoint. THANKS ALL!! LET’S HAVE A GREAT TIME!!